Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/OSHA TRIR

David Sarvadi wrote at 2012-12-31 15:01:45
Well, the calculation is correct, but the input is wrong.  The rate calculated and used by OSHA is an annual rate.  The 200,000 is the standard hours worked for 100 people full time. Since the reporting period for your calculation is only 6 weeks, the calculation has to be adjusted for that difference.  I would calculate that annual rate by multiplying the hours worked in the 6 week period by 52/6 (ok, for the purists, 50/6, assuming two weeks vacation.  The annual rate, assuming no more recordables for the company, is roughly 2.4.  This is the number that should be compared to the standard, not the rate calculated for only the 6 week period.  

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired

I specialize in the professional management of occupational safety and health as well as workers` compensation to reduce losses and improve production and address related issues through a comprehensive approach by senior management using proven principals.I worked for over twenty (20) years in the management of occupational safety, health and workers` compensation and safety training (Retired from employment in 1996 due to a stroke, which prevented the extensive travel required).