Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Days accident free

Question
If you have an osha recordable accident that took place, but employee did not report or seek treatment for 5 days. Do you start counting days accident free from date of accident or the day they report it.

Answer
Question: If you have an OSHA recordable accident that took place, but employee did not report or seek treatment for 5 days. Do you start counting days accident free from date of accident or the day they report it.

Answer: Allan, the date of the accident will rule. Days without a time loss incident will start the day after the actual incident not the start of time loss. There can be a number of reasons the severity of an incident may not be known for several days after the incident. This is common in certain types of incidents such as sprains/strains. I hope this answers the question but if you need further clarification , please feel free to ask.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired