Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/USE OF CHAINFALL

Question
IS LEGAL AND SAFE WITHIN OSHA STANDARD TO USE CHAINFALL LIFT CHAIN
AS STRAP ROUND A PIPE WHEN LIFTING OR SUSPENDING A PIPE WITH CHAIN
FALL .I SEE THIS IN MOST CONSTRUCTION JOB SITE BUT CAN'T TELL IF IT IS A WRONG AND UNSAFE PRACTICE NEITHER COULD I FIND SUPPORT FOR IT IN ANY OSHA STANDARD

Answer
Thank you for this question.

Please refer to the 29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety Manual, Subpart H on Material Handling, and in the appendix sections you will find your answer. On MY project sites the answer is know, but I have been on some that do allow it.

I hope this helps you.

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Bubba Essary