Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Incident Rate Calculator

Question
I wanted to verify the differences between a few different calculators for injuries/incidents.

1.  Lost Time Injury Rate - This appears to be different than DART.  The calculation is # of lost time injuries x 200,000/total hours worked. How is this this differnt from DART?

2.  Can you provide an example of when you would have an Lost Time Incident and this would not count against the DART?

3. Since DART is columns H and I on the Form 300 can you find the Lost Time Injury Rate from certain columns on the Form 300?

4. I often see Lost Time Incident Rate also. Is this considered the same as No. 1 above (lost time injury rate)

Thanks,

Answer
Scott, great question.  1.  DART stands for Days Away, Restricted and Transfer cases versus Lost Time Injury Rate(LTIR).  DART takes in account injuries without lost time and restricted work days as well as lost workdays, where LTIR only counts cases that only involve lost time.  2.  There would be no examples for your question, if it's a lost time accident it counts against DART. 3.  Lost Time is counted in column H only.  4.  Yes they would be the same.  Lost Time Injury Rate is called Lost Time Incidence Rate by OSHA.  I hope this answers your questions, sorry for the delay in answering.  If you have further questions or need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Robert Tipton, CSP