Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Incident Rate

Robert C. Scudder, CSP, CIH, CET wrote at 2015-03-16 14:53:09
Mike, I have to respectfully disagree with the answer to this question. While several websites and papers have used the 200,000 hour number for monthly calculations it is incorrect. I just verified through the Oklahoma DOL and the federal DOL BLS, and they agreed that using the annual number for a statistical comparison to monthly incident rates skews the data (due to seasonal changes like summer employment, and months with differing numbers of days). If using the calculation for internal QA/QC, that's fine, but do not use it for comparing to BLS data.

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired