Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/flamable storage building ventilation

Question
At our facility we have a flammable storage building that is set up per 1926.152 (b)(4)(vi) with a mechanical system setup for 6 air exchanges per hour. The fan switch is located on the outside of the entry door w/pilot lights.

We are being told that we have to set the fans up to run 24 hours a day 7 days a week to be in compliance with this article. My questions are.

1 - Are we already in compliance already?
2 - If we are not in compliance what is the purpose of having the switches and pilot lights outside the entry door if the fan has to run 24/7?

Answer
Thank you for this question.

In my opinion, you are in compliance with the OSHA regulation. However, you have not said if this is a temporary or fixed facility, which would place you under the 1910 General Industry regulations. Also please consider what your local fire code may say in the area you are located in. It may be stricter than OSHA, which then means it has to be followed.

I hope this helps you.

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Bubba Essary