Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Chainfalls & Come Alongs

Hi. Besides the user inspecting the chainfall or come along before each use, is there a rule that each piece of equipment is required to be sent in to someone for recertification and load tested each year by a Certified person or Company? Thanks for your help, & you have a "way cool day".  Marc

Great question Marc!  There is no requirement for what you outlined in your question, unless it is addressed specifically in the manufacturers recommendations.  I hope this answers your question.  If you have further questions or need any additional information, please contact me.  Thanks for the well wishes, stay cool!

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Robert Tipton, CSP

I can answer questions regarding OSHA general industry and construction compliance, industrial hygiene, workers compensation, general safety issues, Lockout/Tag-out, Power Press safety, Laser Safety, Ergonomics and Fire safety.

I have worked over 5 years in the insurance industry conducting loss prevention services, worked two years as an OSHA Safety Compliance Officer, over 15 years in manufacturing as a safety professional.

American Society of Safety Professionals ASSE

Bachelor of Science degree in Safety Science from Indiana University of Pennsylvania Certified Safety Professional, CSP by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals for over ten years.