You are here:

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/dangerous construction hazards in apartment complex


Hello, who do i need to contact about the many dangerous hazards in my apartment complex in regards to construction. I have numerous pictures as well that show the many hazards. We have many kids in the complex that can get seriously hurt. Please contact me adap.

Thank u

Deanna, excellent question!  There are a number of agencies that oversee the safety of construction activity.  The first avenue is through local authorities having jurisdiction, such as city and/or county code enforcement officials.  Typically, a construction contractor has a building permit from local authorities to perform the activity in question.  You should contact the local code enforcement agency within your jurisdiction and express your concerns.  Not knowing where this activity is taking place, I cannot be more specific with regards to what agency to contact.  I hope this answers your question, if you have further questions or need any additional information, please feel free to contact me.  Thanks

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Tipton, CSP


I can answer questions regarding OSHA general industry and construction compliance, industrial hygiene, workers compensation, general safety issues, Lockout/Tag-out, Power Press safety, Laser Safety, Ergonomics and Fire safety.


I have worked over 5 years in the insurance industry conducting loss prevention services, worked two years as an OSHA Safety Compliance Officer, over 15 years in manufacturing as a safety professional.

American Society of Safety Professionals ASSE

Bachelor of Science degree in Safety Science from Indiana University of Pennsylvania Certified Safety Professional, CSP by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals for over ten years.

©2017 All rights reserved.