Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/about drinking water on the jobsite

Question
we are a jobsite in a factory that has a drinking fountain, but for us that are istalling a new ceiling witch puts us a little bit away from the fountain, my queistion is can we have a drinking cooler with an outlet for drinking next to us, so we dont have to walk half the factory to get a drink, even though the factory says we can not,and to only use the drinking fountain,

Answer
Thank you for this question. My apologies for the delay in answering but I was out of service for a few days.

Yes, you can have one BUT ONLY if the factory authorizes it. And it appears they do not. What a shame because it wastes manhours going back & forth to the drinking fountain.

My suggestion is to ask the factory reps if you can keep bottled water near you when working. Be sure and keep the bottles from being a mess.

I hope this helps.

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Bubba Essary