Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/lost time going into a new yar

Question
I just want clarification that if you have a injury that is on your osha log for restricted or loss days and the days go into the new year . You continue to add those days to the orginal 300 log until you hit 180 or they go back to work .

Answer
Excellent question Rachael! Yes the 180 day cap applies to both restricted and lost workday cases and if it occurs at the end of the year you apply the total days to the previous years 300 log.  If the employee is still away from work because of the injury or illness when you prepare the annual summary, estimate the total number of calendar days you expect the employee to be away from work, use this number to calculate the total for the annual summary, and then update the initial log entry later when the day count is known or reaches the 180-day cap.  I hope that answers your question.  If you have further questions or need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Robert Tipton, CSP