Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Foot injuries stats.

Question
What is the new stats for the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports on nonfatal foot and toe injuries sustained by workers in 2013? And the average workers compensation for slip and fall injuries ?

If you can I need the information by friday for my monday safety meeting.

Norman A George
VITS Safety Manager
Work :
Cell :
Work e-mail :
Personal e-mail :  

Answer
Subject:  Foot injuries stats
Question: What are the new stats for the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports on nonfatal foot and toe injuries sustained by workers in 2013? And the average worker’s compensation for slip and fall injuries? If you can I need the information by Friday for my Monday safety meeting. Regards, Norman A George
Answer: In a review of the site for the Bureau of Labor Statistics, see:

http://www.bls.gov/

I do not find any statistics for foot and toe injuries or average worker’s compensation costs/awards for slip and fall accidents. (I went to the search feature on the BLS site and received only old and limited data.) Most of the statistics maintained by BLS relate to Incident Rates by industry type. I do not recall ever using BLS for statistics by accident/injury type. Given the very large differences in worker’s compensation awards and payments from state to state, I believe you would need to obtain this data from the specific state you are interested in. When I first started in safety in the ‘70’s much of this type of data was compiled and available from the old National Safety Council but that has long since gone by the wayside with the adoption of OSHA and their record keeping requirements. You may be able to obtain some data from the Worker’s Compensation Department in your state or from one of the major WC Insurance carriers. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help in obtaining the desired data. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired