Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/continuing education article authors

Question
I'm a start up continuing education company looking for expert authors who could write continuing education articles for plumbers, contractors, etc..
I don't know where to look.
Do you know where I would start?

Answer
Subject: Continuing education article authors

Question: I'm a start up continuing education company looking for expert authors who could write continuing education articles for plumbers, contractors, etc.. I don't know where to look. Do you know where I would start?

Answer: I think a good place to start is the material published by the federal government (OSHA) or the state program (such as OROSHA in Oregon or WISHA in Washington or CalOSHA in California). These agencies publish large amounts of material on how a company can comply with the laws and general safety material. Another excellent resource is trade groups such as associated General Contractors or such. (Many of these may require membership to acquire the more detailed material.) And of course there are the general safety groups such as the National Safety Council. I think I would start by going to a good and reliable internet search engine and entering specific phrases such as "pipe safety", "electrical lockout" or "trenching safety" as there are literally hundreds of pages of material available and it doesn't take long to recognize the good from the "bad".

In reviewing your question I see it indicates you are from Oregon. Oregon OSHA has very large amounts of materials available from pamphlets to training videos that are available. They also have offices located throughout the state. I would start by going to:

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/osha/#.UvLXt_ldX6s

I hope this will get you started. If I can provide any further assistance, please feel free to ask.
Michael Brown, CSP Retired  

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired