Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/Feces traces left by workers in the workplace

Question
What rights do I have as an individual to complain about an employee/coworker with disabilities when individuals have clearly messed themselves and do not realize it or know to change?  

This employee then sits where others have to sit and touches common areas and uses office equipment.

Where can I go for resources or to get help?

Answer
Subject: Feces traces left by workers in the workplace

Question: What rights do I have as an individual to complain about an employee/coworker with disabilities when individuals have clearly messed themselves and do not realize it or know to change?

Answer: If the problem is causing contamination of equipment or work spaces you would have a right to complain to OSHA. However before a complaint is made, a meeting with your supervisor or the human relations department would be in order and might solve the problem. Keep in mind that the employee is a member of a “protected” class and accommodations are expected of the employer and fellow employees. You will all be expected to work together to arrive at and implement a solution that will “work” for all. Perhaps the individual involved is not aware of the problem or is not aware of possible solutions. There are a number of social agencies in most areas that deal with this type of issue on a regular basis and would be delighted to assist your employer and the employee involved with developing a solution that will satisfy all. If a complaint is made to OSHA this might well be the approach they would mandate as all involved would support the continued employment of this individual and support your employer in their effort to employ the disabled. This is a difficult issue that involves a great amount of understanding and normally defies a quick and easy solution. I hope this will assist in providing a possible approach to a solution.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired