Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/vacation Vs Lost time

Question
if an employee is give a day off for an injury to return the following day on restricted duty. the employee wants to use a vacation day to protect the lost time record. i still need to record as lost time correct?
hg

Answer
Subject: Vacation vs. Lost Time

Question: If an employee is given a day off for an injury to return the following day on restricted duty. The employee wants to use a vacation day to protect the lost time record. I still need to record as lost time correct?  -  HG

Answer: You are correct. If the employee misses work (is not available for the next shift) then it becomes a lost or restricted work day case. It is nice that the employee would like to protect the lost time record but that is not possible. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Michael Brown, CSP Retired

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Mike Brown CSP Retired