Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards/safe man-hour before an LTI

We have an accident last february26,2016, my manager told me to compute the safe-man hour before an LTI, do i include 26th day in my calculation or 25th day only? I do like this:1.) Safe man-hour = 395 no.of worker * 12 hr * 26  Or 2.) Safe man-hour = 395 no. of worker *12 *25,
Which formula is correct 1 or 2?

Hi Joey

Maths is not my strong point, but I would do the calculation like this:

395 * 12 * 25 = ? + hours before the accident on the 26th day

So if the accident happened at say 4 pm on the 26th Feb - then I would add the number 2765  which is 7 * 395 (assuming your shifts start at 8 am (8 am to 3 pm is 7 hours).  

You would need to add your number of hours depending on what time the accident happened.

So using my figures in your calculation and if the accident happened at 4pm, it would look like this:

395 * 12 * 25 = 118500 + 2765 = 121265 safe man hours before the last incident.

Thank goodness for calculators.

I hope that helps

Occupational (OSHA) and Environmental Hazards

Jane Coombs

I am based in the UK and advise industry, OH practitioners and businesses for the past 25 years on Occupational Health and Health and Safety matters.

My particular area of expertise is around identifying and controlling hazards and risks in different workplaces to include call centres, hospitals, manufacturing, construction, food production plus working closely with HR to ensure action taken for long term absence or disability issues are dealt with in a fair manner taking into account current UK legislation.

Chartered Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health On the Safety Consultants Register Royal College of Nursing Professional registration with Nursing Midwifery Council

How to Start a Healthy Business: An Insiders Guide to Occupational Health Success eBook published on Amazon Occupational Health Magazine - Alcohol http://www.working-well-solutions.com blog Review of Construction Industry Standards Part 2 - for UK Construction Industry available on line at www.cbhscheme.com or hard copy for members of CBH 35 guidance documents for knowledge base England's free advice line for SME's http://www.health4work.nhs.uk/

Masters in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management Diploma in Management Occupational Health Nursing Certificate (registered with the Nursing Midwifery Council on the 3rd Part of the Register in Public Health) Diploma in Health and Safety

Runner up in class for Occupational Health magazine 'best occupational health service' 2009