Good day
Interested in finding out if there are any islands in the world surrounded by waters that exceed 1000 foot deep (that is a the edge of land that encompass the island?
What are examples of islands or coastal areas that have 1000 foot depth water bodies at the edge of the land

There are a lot of islands that are surrounded by > 1000 ft depths: Hawaii in the Pacific, Azores in the Atlantic, Seychelles in the Indian Ocean, etc. However, I get the impression that you are interested in islands that have a drop off of 1000 ft right at the water's edge. I don't know of any. The islands mentioned above represent basically very steep mountains coming up from the seafloor and so have a large but finite slope at the water interface.  

randy patton

Physical oceanography, surface and internal wave characteristics, ocean currents, fluid mechanics, geophysical fluid dynamics, ocean optics, coastal dynamics, modeling and simulation, data analysis, El Nino and related large scale dynamics Not an expert in marine biology (some in bioluminescence) or chemical oceanography

26 years as professional scientist for research company working mostly on Navy and other government contracts. Projects included modeling, simulations and data analysis related to Non-acoustic Anti-submarine Warfare (NAASW). Other projects included remote sensing of ocean features, statistical analysis of ship tracks, ocean optics instrumentation development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and sonar (SAS).

Journal of Physical Oceanography, 1984, "A Numerical Model for Low-Frequency Equatorial Dynamics" (with M. Cane)

MS Physical Oceanography, MIT, 1981 BS Applied Math, UC Berkeley, 1976

Currently an Expert for All Experts in Advanced Math