Oceanography/objective question on oceanography

hello sir,
it would be kind of you if you could answer this question for me. the question is as follows

Quest 1. Which of the following best explains the oceanic conveyor belt
1. Zonal transport of Salinity across the global ocean
2. Meridional  transport of Salinity across the global ocean
3. Zonal transport of heat across the global ocean
2. Meridional  transport of heat across the global ocean

I'd have to go with the 2nd 2., Meridional transport of heat across the global ocean.

Meridional transport means transport north and south along a meridian. Since the polar (northern) regions are cold and the equatorial (southern) regions are warm, the replacement of the sinking cold water in the polar regions by warm water from equatorial regions induces the large scale circulation.

randy patton

Physical oceanography, surface and internal wave characteristics, ocean currents, fluid mechanics, geophysical fluid dynamics, ocean optics, coastal dynamics, modeling and simulation, data analysis, El Nino and related large scale dynamics Not an expert in marine biology (some in bioluminescence) or chemical oceanography

26 years as professional scientist for research company working mostly on Navy and other government contracts. Projects included modeling, simulations and data analysis related to Non-acoustic Anti-submarine Warfare (NAASW). Other projects included remote sensing of ocean features, statistical analysis of ship tracks, ocean optics instrumentation development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and sonar (SAS).

Journal of Physical Oceanography, 1984, "A Numerical Model for Low-Frequency Equatorial Dynamics" (with M. Cane)

MS Physical Oceanography, MIT, 1981 BS Applied Math, UC Berkeley, 1976

Currently an Expert for All Experts in Advanced Math