Oil/Gas/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
no surface operations clause3/7/2017Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: Property in Austin County TX Pallas Energy Services I have asked for a no surface operations ...
  A: Ella, I am attaching a pdf containing several custom clauses addressing surface use restrictions in ...
Drilling being done on lands where I own gas and oil rights.2/25/2017Cliff Williams
  Q: I currently live in California.I was approached about 3 years ago by a Landman who was interested in ...
  A: The website for checking production in New Mexico is http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/ocd/ The answer ...
Production Company2/17/2017Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: We have received from a Production Co to drill one to multiple wells fro the same platform in ...
  A: Palmer, Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question. I will need further information ...
Mineral Rights2/15/2017Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: Mineral rights are located in Wetzel County WV. 476 acres. A North Carolina probated will names my ...
  A: Your problem is a common one with heirs to mineral rights when the mineral rights are located in a ...
gas well2/13/2017Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I own a gas well located in Tulsa OK. I have the mineral rights and own the property. I live at the ...
  A: Vicki, Thank you for asking for my help. I always feel honored when my expertise in oil and gas is ...
Gross Proceeds Lease - Post Production Gas deductions2/3/2017Mark Bonner
  Q: Energy company 1 is the holder of a 1985 gross proceeds lease. Energy company 2 has been assigned a ...
  A: It sure makes you wonder if they are doing something wrong when they refuse to respond to inquiries, ...
Mineral rights1/26/2017Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: The best way to establish the value of mineral rights in Pecos county, Texas? Also, the average ...
  A: Jerry, Other than hiring a consulting reservoir engineer to determine the value of your mineral ...
Mineral interest up for lease12/16/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I represent a group of owners who collectively own MI on 107 of 320 acres of Section 32 in Washita ...
  A: Bart, I would be very interested in handling this for your group. In my opinion, handling this ...
Verifying mineral interest ownership12/8/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: Mineral interest ownership in Grady County Oklahoma has been inherited by three grandchildren. No ...
  A: This is a common problem for many landowners today. It will be expensive (several hundreds if not ...
BPO & APO12/1/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: I am not clear on how to calculate BPO and APO. This is for the State of Texas, Martin County. Mr. ...
  A: First, let me say that you aren't clear on the terms of the farmout. Based on what you say here, the ...
lease royalties11/20/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: I am representing my motherinlaw who was contacted about an lnheritance of gas rights for hooe # ...
  A: You can research the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website to find out what wells are producing ...
Oil & Gas Royalty Lease11/11/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: My siblings have entered into a Oil & Gas Royalty Lease with "ABC Oil" (fictitious name) where they ...
  A: You have recited two different clauses from the oil and gas lease in your question. The clause ...
when I get my money11/8/2016Cliff Williams
  Q: A nice young man came to my home a couple of weeks ago to get my husband's death certificate. He ...
  A: The mortgage company may be correct depending on the state in which your home is located and your ...
Mineral rights11/3/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: We received an offer to lease mineral rights that we were not aware we owned. How do we know if this ...
  A: Terry, Yes, unfortunately many people are unaware that they own mineral interests by virtue of ...
How long is a lease in effect - Not 4 years10/21/2016Cliff Williams
  Q: My sisters and brother inherited mineral rights to some land our parents owned. While I do not ...
  A: This information can be found in the lease form. I very highly doubt that the lease is still in ...
Washita County Gas Lease Offer10/10/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I own mineral rights to 60 acres in SE/4, SEC.7-10N-20W in Washita Co., Oklahoma. My cousin owns 40 ...
  A: Carol, I always advise a landowner to counter any first offer that is made to them. In your ...
Wireline on a well on a vacuum10/4/2016David Traugott
  Q: Would the vacuum on a well negatively impact Wireline operations? What effects would be expected and ...
  A: If the well is on a vacuum then the chances of getting the wireline tools stuck in the well are ...
Witness Requirements9/30/2016Cliff Williams
  Q: I am obtaining a right-of-way for property in Louisiana's Cameron Parish. The landowner is in Texas ...
  A: James, I prefer to follow the laws in the jurisdiction where the property is located. The property ...
Mineral Rights Valuation9/16/2016Cliff Williams
  Q: Sir: Last year I sold my royalty/mineral interest in a producing unit in Texas. This was an ...
  A: I believe this to be more of a financial question than an oil and gas question. But, I will give ...
Keeping mineral rights on a property in Delaware county, oklahoma9/9/2016Mark Bonner
  Q: As a seller of 32 acres of land in Delaware county, oklahoma, I am confronted with a question. My ...
  A: I would say that it is still a very popular philosophy to retain the mineral rights when you sell ...
Selling small mineral rights9/5/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I have a small interest in some mineral rights I would like to sell. Who do I contact for this? At ...
  A: Jacqueline When a mineral owner is seeking to sell their mineral interests they should work with a ...
lease pooling8/28/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: Laura: How can I find out where a new, in process of drilling, well's horizontal drilling will be ...
  A: John, You can go to the Texas Railroad Commission site to find the drilling permits and producing ...
Inheritance - Minerals and Royalties8/26/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: Fitzgerald, Last year, on July 17, 2015, more or less, I asked you a question about how our ...
  A: Nicolas, Good work! You've contacted the oil company and been able to make contact with the division ...
1/3 gas rights8/7/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: My father and cousins have recently learned they are owners of gas rights within a tract of land in ...
  A: This question is outside my expertise because I am not an attorney licensed in Pennsylvania. I must ...
Pooling how can I find out if my Mom has7/13/2016Frederick M. Scott
  Q: .my mom has interests in grady co. Okla. Legal description s35-t5n-r7w . I feel that with all the ...
  A: No new wells there since 2009. Most recent was in 2007 and covered only the SW/4 of the section and ...
Grady County, OK Lease Offer Question6/27/2016Frederick M. Scott
  Q: I just inherited mineral rights in Grady County Oklahoma. Sec's23 & 28 township 9N Range 7W. I ...
  A: You should be able to get a fairly good lease here since it appears you are receiving multiple lease ...
ORRI6/9/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: ABC Company owns 100% of a lease in Kingfisher County, OKlahoma that covers 1/96 of the NE/4 with a ...
  A: Not a problem, glad to help. To answer your question directly, a 2% proportionately-reduced ORRI is ...
Release of old lease5/17/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I am asking on behalf of an elderly neighbor so bare with me Grimes county Texas northern part ...
  A: Roy, Please understand that it's difficult for me to provide you with advice on this matter because ...
Old Division Order5/10/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: I have the following division orders, originally from: Sun Refining and Marketing Company PO Box ...
  A: To learn the status of the accounts, I recommend that you contact Sunoco Logistics (successor to Sun ...
Offer to purchase5/10/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: My wife recieved an offer to purchase her portion of mineral interests in Howard County Texas. My ...
  A: This is an excellent question, thank you for asking me to answer it for you. Getting the interest ...
value of gas producted5/8/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: well I guess I will try this again I just wiped out 45 mins. that had put on the question and I ...
  A: Bob, Please don't take this the wrong way but when you told me you just wasted 45 mins when you hit ...
money for lease5/4/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: When a company like XTO offers money for a lease and it says 500.00 dollars plus xxx royalty if you ...
  A: Bob, Thank you for the compliment! I'm happy that my previous answer helped you. When a company is ...
3/16th Lease interest4/21/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: I have inherited 3/16th interest in the minerals of 5+ acres located Section 28 Township 15 North, ...
  A: Barry, It's a good idea for you to check with a trusted advisor when you are dealing with oil and ...
Dewey County, OK Activity? 4/12/2016Frederick M. Scott
  Q: I am an heir to SECTION6 19N 18W LOTS 3-4 in Dewey County Oklahoma. How do I find what company is ...
  A: The Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the oil and gas regulatory body for the state of Oklahoma, ...
MINERAL RIGHTS OWNERSHIP4/11/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: DO COMPANIES LIKE XTO MAKE BIG MISTAKES WHEN CHECKING TO SEE WHO ALL THE MINERAL RIGHTS OWNERS ARE ...
  A: Bob, I understand your frustration here in trying to sort this out - unfortunately in my opinion, ...
question about value of mineral rights4/8/2016Mark Bonner
  Q: How do I find the value of mineral rights obtained in a will? Located in grady county Okla.
  A: What is the value? Thanks for the great question. The proper way to establish a market value for ...
where is our money4/8/2016Jason J. Alexander
  Q: my great grandfather had oil wells back in 1923 in Arkansas. we as heirs are trying to find the ...
  A: I am sorry for your problems but it seems that yours may now be legal. I am afraid I cannot do any ...
Assignment of Royalties by Lessor3/21/2016Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL
  Q: We have a farm in which we have an interest with another family member. The farm has one working ...
  A: Frank, It is not unusual for a Seller to reserve in a Deed all or part of the mineral interest in ...
Title Opinion/Division Order3/21/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: Good Morning Marsha, Hope you can give me some guidance. I was new to all this when I was ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in answering your question, but it was quite involved and I did some research ...
Submitting our own DO for a fixed NPRI3/6/2016Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA
  Q: I am one of five siblings who have NPRI royalty interest in Karnes/Wilson County Texas and EOG ...
  A: You have asked several questions, so I will answer one at a time, in the order asked. If I am ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL

Top Expert on this page