Oil/Gas/Lease offer in Love County, OK

Question
Mr. Scott,

I've been offered 3/16 royalty plus $500 per acre bonus for a 5 year oil and gas lease in the following sections in Love County, OK:

Section 13, Township 8 South, Range 2 East
Section  7, Township 8 South, Range 3 East
Section 18, Township 8 South, Range 3 East
Section 19, Township 8 South, Range 3 East

Does this seem reasonable to you?  I inherited these mineral rights, don't live in the area, and know little about oil leasing.  I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Answer
Price isn't bad, but I wouldn't go for the 5-year term. I'd tell them same price but for 3 years. You've got multiple sections they want so I think that's probably doable as there is more than one company leasing in this area currently. Red River Royalty, V.M. Harper, and Cullins Resources for instance.

If they won't budge on the 5 years I'd still consider taking their offer though, as it's really not a bad offer. I just prefer not to tie up my mineral rights for more than 3 years.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott