Oil/Gas/Mineral Rights

Question
My sister and I received letters regarding mineral rights from our grandmother's family.  The company sent us an offer to buy our rights.  Offer was $2200.  I would like more information regarding this area and the activity in this area of Oklahoma.  How many acres is this or what percentage do we own?  Would appreciate a prompt response.  Thank you

Lot 3 & NE/4 SW/4 of Section 30, Township 8 North, Range 18 West
Washita County Oklahoma

Answer
$2200 per acre, or $2200 total? $2200 per acre would be a great offer for these I think. However if the total offer was $2200 and you have more than a couple of acres then that would not be a good offer. The buyer should be able to tell you whether the offer was per acre not. I have no way of knowing how many acres you own, but the buyer would check your ownership before paying you I'm sure (if they haven't already checked.)

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott