Oil/Gas/selling mineral rights activity in area

Question
mother owns .008126 RI in JACKSON B UNIT 1H, ENERVEST OP., A-587 PANOLA CSL BLK 29, RRC 260280 42-337-34489 ACRES: 186.450   TAX ACCESSOR VALUE 23k DISQUALIFIES HER FROM MEDICAID   I NEED TO FIND A FEW PARTIES WHO WILL MAKE OFFER   ALSO, I'M INTERESTED IN KEEPING SINCE IT'S LARGE ACREAGE  ANY IDEAS?  THANKS

Answer
You want offers, yet you want to keep them since it's a large acreage? You can't have it both ways really, but I suppose you could sell just HALF of her interest and keep the other half. Before anyone will make an offer on this they will likely want to see several months worth of recent check stubs in order to verify her interest and current income. They will then base any offer they make on that income. An honest buyer would also take into account the potential income from any new wells that are planned for the property, if any, and provide some consideration for that income in their offer as well.

If you need help finding potential buyers feel free to contact me at The Mineral Hub (below) and I'll be happy to list them on the site. Even if you don't go that route I would suggest getting them seen by more than just one or two potential buyers, as that will increase the likelihood of you getting a fair offer.

Since the property is apparently producing I'd say that she could expect to receive anywhere from 36 to 60 times the average of her monthly income over the past six months (from the wells.) If they are in a pretty active area and the wells are still in good shape it would tend towards the higher end of that range (or should.) Additionally, you'd want to find a buyer who would take into consideration the acreage involved as well as just the income since it's apparently a larger acreage,  though any offer will be based mostly on the potential for future income or value from the property.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott