Oil/Gas/changing operators

Question
I have working interest in a producing project that is being mismanaged horribly.  the syndicators have only 1% working interest and some back end interest left.  I have been in contact with other working interest owners and all are in agreement that we need to remove the operator and take away authority from the syndicator.  Is there a way to do this because we will have a majority of more than 51% of the working interests in agreement?

Answer
Dave,

The answer will be found in the documents that were associated with your investment.  

When I participate in a drilling program as a working interest owner the answer is found in the Joint Operating Agreement.  The agreement will discuss what circumstances are required for the removal of the "Operator".  If you find how this is handled in your situation then you will find the answer to your question.  

There is no default answer except that everything can be determined by the paperwork or by filing suit in the district court where the well is located.  

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams