Oil/Gas/O & G Lease

Don wrote at 2012-12-29 23:36:46
Their isn't any activity in Jefferson County Oklahoma at the moment. Most of the activity was back in 2010 and the lease terms were $75=$125 per acre and Royalty were 12.5% to 18.75%. Most of the previous historical producing areas

have been  depleted. The Jefferson County area is out on the edge of the productive Woodford Shale Play and not producible. You would be lucky to get any type of lease. Jones Energy tried to drill 2 horizontal wells after leasing 18 sections of land. They were unsuccessful with the 1st well being a stripper well and the 2nd well not even completed.  

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years