Oil/Gas/Minerial Interest in Craig County, OK

Question
I have inherited from my grandfather 350 mineral acres in Craig County, OK. Section 24 Township 24 North Range 20 East. I would like to know if there is any production/lease in that area.

I would also like to know if I should sell the mineral deed or just hang on to it? Not sure what it is worth per acre.

Answer
Not to burst your bubble, but there's not much going on in that area of the state really so I don't think these would be worth more than $150 per acre were you to sell them. Unless you really just want to sell them I'd probably suggest hanging on to them rather than selling them for so little. There is also no leasing going on in this area currently, and any lease bonuses that could be had would be for less than the $150/acre you could probably sell them for.

If you do decide to sell I'd say consider using the Mineral Hub to post them on (see below link) which is my site, but on the other hand I've already told you what I think they're worth so I might not seem very objective ha ha! That said, I'm not usually a buyer myself so actually I try to value properties as fairly as I can for my sellers but it's up to you Jessica. As I mentioned, you might want to just hang on to them for a few more years and see what develops.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott