Oil/Gas/Oil and Gas Lease Hayes County Ne.

Thank you for your services. Township 7 North, Range 33 West
Section 28: NW/4
Section 29 SE/4 & E/2NE/4
Section 32: NE/4NE/4
Section 33: W/2NW/4
Have been approached by a J. Fred Hambright, Inc out of Wichita Kansas for a lease, 3 years at $15:00 per acre. The lease has been put together and signed by relative who is leasing some of the acreage from my mother.(unfortunately not discussed with my mother) Can you help with this or give me someone in Ne to help me. I am wondering if the one page lease has covered all it should and if the price is fair. I can find out info. about drilling in the area. Thank you so much for anything you can tell me.

This question was in the question pool so I thought I would pick it up.  Sorry for the delay, evidently the person it was assigned to didn't have any info.

Hayes is not a very active area.  The averages that I've seen in the area are between $5 and $100 per net mineral acre and a 12.5% royalty.

For the amount of acreage this covers it could be a little low but not unreasonable - in my opinion.  

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years