Oil/Gas/Right of Way easement and price per rod

Question
We have been approached about granting a 10ft wide permanent easement with a 25 ft wide temporary working space on our property in Pottowattomie county in Oklahoma for a natural gas line (low pressure).  They have offered $1000 for the option and if they can get the other owners to sign then they will pay $50 per rod.  Is this the going rate per rod at this time?  The research I've done looks like it was around $100 per rod 5 years ago.  If we accept the option, they have 120 days to act upon it or the agreement terminates.  We also want to make sure that they can only put one six inch line in per agreement.  Does this sound like a good deal?  Thank you for you help.

Answer
If you only want one line then you should have the limit in the agreement - have that expressly stipulated in the agreement.

The price is what you agree to because there is no standard for the industry - the standards are very localized.  I think that if you want a particular price then you should go with that but economies change and prices paid change.  Some areas only receive $16.00 per rod.

If you want a higher amount then you can ask for it.

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams