Oil/Gas/XTO gas lease

Question
I have land in Arkansas that is leased to XTO.  They have a well on our land that has been pumping since March 15,2012.  As I understand it, they can pump for 6 months before needing to payout.  If after 6 months they are required to pay me interest on any additional months past the 6.  I have called for the last 2 months and have been told they will be sending me a letter soon on when we can expect to start receiving payments.  However, XTO continuously is putting money in their banks and drawing interest for over 10 months now.  How do I get them to start paying?

Answer
You really can't without taking them to court, which I wouldn't advise. I'd just let the interest accrue until the start paying. They are probably just swamped. If there's a title issue then you'll need to get that straightened out before they can begin paying you of course (they'll let you know if it's a title issue.)

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott