Oil/Gas/Buying Mineral Rights

Question
I am a complete novice interested in purchasing mineral and royalty interests
I am reading NARO's book on leasing;but it is directed at people who already own minerals
If you were to look at two offers of minerals on one of the internet sites where minerals are offered for sale,what calculations
would you use to determine relative value and whether or not to bid
thanks for your response

Answer
First stop should be the How Much Are My Mineral Rights Worth? article on the Mineral Hub website. Though the article is geared towards people selling, it is based on information buyers use when valuing properties they are interested in acquiring. The article is not "investment advice" per say, but the methods described are in fact used by many buyers of mineral rights. It really boils down to "location, location, location" just like real estate. The closer you are to current drilling/leasing activity, the more you'll be paying for mineral rights.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott