my family have been receiving royalty checks for my whole life.resently iv recieved a few offers  its a real small amount each month i split with 4 starting to research whats been in family bout a 100 years is a night mare i dont know anything still more than  when i started . my sister sold hers last month for a thousand why would i be receiving offers with it being all together a total of bout 100 bucks a month

If you're making $100/month that's about $1200/year. If you really want to sell these mineral rights I'll certainly buy them for the same $1000 your sister sold hers for if your name is on the checkstubs and it has averaged at least $100/month over the past six months.

Point here is that $1000 is NOT a good price to sell for if the property is making $100/month in income. $2000 to $3000 would be more like it, depending on activity in the area and how old the well is (and thus how much time it may have left to produce.) Just because someone makes you an offer does not mean it's a fair offer, especially if the offer comes unsolicited.  

The reason you are receiving offers on it is because whomever is sending those offers obviously thinks they will make money on the deal if you accept their offer. You should read over the FAQ page on my website, the Mineral Hub, before deciding to sell to anyone. You can get a feel for what buyers use to value minerals they are trying to buy, and thus what you should ask for them.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)