Oil/Gas/Lease offer in Grady County, OK

Question
hi!you helped me back several years ago on another property  lease,i really appreciate your advise &help.this one is section 9-t 4n-r 8w grady county ok.my sister and i have been offered 500.00 per acres,on 20 net mineral acres with 3/16 royalty , 3 yr. paid up lease.what is the going bonus and royalty in this area? also, has there been any production?  

the other lease i dropped the bonus(6 acres) and got 1/4 royalty
that would have been great if they had drilled. thank you for your help .i can't get into the commission with my computer program. thanks bev

Answer
As far as leasing goes I'd say $500/acre is not bad for your area. Don't let them extend it past three years though unless they offer you more per acre if the extension is exercised.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

I've also included a map showing recent drilling permits in your area that have been issued, indicating where the most active drilling is probably going to take place. The map is courtesy of Drilling Info.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott