Oil/Gas/Lease value

Question
I recently inherited land/mineral rights in Oklahoma.  The area the lease is for is:  Section 25, 16N, 17W, Indian.  I am wondering what leases are worth per acre in this area?  The well type is listed as Oil.  Would appreciate any help you could give.
Thank you!

Answer
Rose,
I am unable to provide you with the market bonus prices being paid in Section 25, T16N-R17W in Oklahoma as I have not been actively working in the area.  This is something that would only be available to someone who was, or had been working in the area; or, owned property in the area and had been recently leased.

You did not state whether the property was producing or not, but if it was producing, then presumably the prior owner had entered into an oil and gas lease.  Once the property has been leased, and the property is producing, usually the chance to enter into another oil and gas lease is not an option until production ceases, or unless there is a special provision in the oil and gas lease (a vertical or horizontal pugh clause), that would release some part of the acreage after the primary term.

When you inherited the property, did your predecessor in title provide you with any further information, such as check stubs, or division orders?  If you would like to engage my services, I can do some further work on this for you, but I would have to have your consent first.

You can email me at lfitzgerald@iliosresources.com if you'd like to communicate with me further on this.

Best of luck to you -  

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL