ihave logs on a Edwards well that was drilled bya major,,they walked from it to develop their Eagle interest when their leases started exspireing ,,,couple of wells still have pipein them and are avail.,,,who would you recomend to contact,,

Hi Lester,
You did not say if your lease is expired. If it is not, they still have it and can drill or not, as they choose.
If it is expired do a phone book or web search for Oil and Gas Landman and let them know you have some land with an expired lease that has had a well drilled and plugged. He/she will know of activity around you and if there is any interest in it. Unless one has a large holding, several thousand acres and a lawyer to handle it, it is not that easy to job your own lease but if the person you call is not interested they may know of someone that is.
As far as a name is concerned, as it states in my profile, I am not involved in any part of leasing so I can't help you with that.

Carl Alexander

READ THIS! Do NOT ask me questions about LEASING, MINERAL RIGHTS, ROYALTIES, POOLING, etc. I am not qualified to give accurate answers on these subjects. If you DO ask, I will NOT answer! I CAN help you understand the technology and equipment involved in drilling oil and gas wells on land or offshore and the production process after the well is drilled. I prepare the programs for the rigs that get oil and gas out of the ground and direct activities on the drill rig so questions concerning the engineering process and preparing drill sites and roads or marine transport are welcome, those concerning the legal process less so. I work with wells on land or offshore, U.S.A. or other countries. I can also answer environmental, regulatory and safety practices questions.

35 years working in the 'Patch' all over the world. I have drilled for oil & gas on land and water in the U.S.A, Brazil, Guatemala, Nigeria, South Africa, Angola, Tunisia, England, British North Sea, Iran, Oman, Pakistan, Vietnam, Philippines. I have drilled in water depths up to 2000 meters and on land in desert and artic conditions. Some were in countries where environmental and safety concerns were non-existent and others when they were primary. I have certification for well control/blowout prevention, have attended water/helicopter/boat survival school and am certified for spill cleanup. I am currently working as a consultant for drilling projects and spend half my working time at the drill site and half in my office and most of my "off time" traveling between the two.

Society of Petroleum Engineers

BA/BS - Petroleum Engineer