I own a producing mineral interesting in Carter Co., Ok located in Section 12, Township 1S, Range R3w.  Can you tell me what area of the county this is in? Is it close to the South Central Oklahoma Oil Provence (SCOOP)?

Township 1 S, Range 3 W is very near the intersection of Carter where Jefferson and Stephens County connect.  This happens to also be where a good deal of geologic diversity has occurred.  

This is where the Ardmore Basin and the Marietta Basin converge.  Also, not too far to the southwest is the edge of the Meunster Arch which, after plunging south into the Dallas/Fort Worth area, provides a trap for the Barnett Shale.

I am not familiar with the SCOOP so I cannot speak to that but you can refer to the map that I have on the issue:

Hope this assists some.

Cliff Williams

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years