Oil/Gas/Current Lease Offers OK County 23-13N-2E

Question
Hello,

I am wondering what the current lease offers are for Oklahoma County, OK Sec 23-13N-2E.  I received an offer of $100/acre bonus, 3/16, 3yrs.  Also, what operators/companies are soliciting this area?  Thank you for your time and effort.

Answer
That's probably about the going rate in this area actually, and New Dominion (or a land company working for them) is about the only company I see leasing there currently so their won't be much competition for you to shop too doesn't look like.

If you only own a few acres you might want to consider just asking for a higher royalty and no bonus because you'd likely come out ahead in the long run that way if a producing well were drilled. You can also check out my leasing tips if you like, which will better your negotiating skills.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott