Oil/Gas/Installing new (24") pipeline on existing right of way

Question
Company will be installing 24" pipeline following ROW established in 1968. I am not sure if this is in addition to pipe already in place, or in replacement. I know they have the right to install, but don't they have to renegotiate a new cost per foot of new pipe with landowner?

Answer
The answer will be found in the original agreement.  Each easement agreement is a matter of contract and the terms of the contract are negotiated and then strictly interpreted from the originally executed and subsequently recorded document.

The original agreement will dictate whether they can replace the line, add an additional line or if they are restricted, after installation, to just using the right of way/easement for maintenance.  You can obtain a copy of the original agreement from the company and if they will not provide it, from the Public Records at the County Clerk office.

Obtain the agreement and then read it slowly, out loud to someone else so you can concentrate on the words and the listener can concentrate on the meaning (even attorneys do this).

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams