Oil/Gas/Mineral Interests

Question
HAVING BEEN APPROACHED TO PURCHASE MY MINERAL INTERESTS I FOUND THAT I WAS AN HEIR TO A MINERAL INTEREST IN HUGHES CTY OKLAHOMA; RECENTLY I FOUND OUT THROUGH A FAMILY MEMBER THAT A COMPANY OS IN FACT PRODUCING GAS AND ALL OTHER HEIRS HAVE BEEN RECEIVING ROYALTIES EXCEPT MYSELF AND TWO SISTERS. MY MOTHER INHERITED THE INTERESTS; HOWEVER, SHE IS NOW DECEASED. HOW DO I FIND OUT WHO THE COMPANY IS AND HOW AND WHO I NOTIFY THAT I AM ALSO AN HEIR? OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS SEEM NOT TO WANT TO FURNISH THIS INFO TO ME AND I LIVE IN TEXAS. I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO BEGIN. THANKS.

Answer
To find the company you call the Oklahoma Corporation Commission and tell them that you want to know who is operating a well, give them the legal description and let them know you are inquiring because you are due royalty from the well.  Another option is to drive to Hughes County and look at the well since they have signs on them saying who to call in an emergency.  Signage is required on all wells.

Once you reach the oil and gas company you should ask for the person who handles the division orders and division of interest in Oklahoma.  Tell them that you are an heir to your mother's interest and inquire about any "suspended funds".  

You may have to hire an attorney to get your cash from the other heirs if it is not being held in suspense by the company.

I wish you the best.

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams