Oil/Gas/Oil and gas lease

Question
1) Where can you find information about the price per acre in the Cherokee County area (Brooks-Williams Survey)
2) How do you go about recovering royalties for oil and gas lease from a previous company.

Answer
I'm afraid I cannot directly help you with part one of your question for abfew reasons. First, I didn't take note of the state/county of the area in question.  In Texas we have the Rail Road Commission (www.rrc.state.tx.us/). This is a good resource for many things oil and gas in our state.  I am fairly certain there are similar organizations / sites in other states. Another basic county information site that may be of some help is www.NACO.org or more specifically from this pagehttp://www.naco.org/counties/pages/findacounty.aspx  There you can search by county or parish.  More and more county and parish pages have lists of links of their own theses days too.

Point 2. Where past due funds may be depends on how much time has passed the unpaid royalties from a prior operator or purchaser may either be with that operator or purchaser or with the state of the owner's last known state of residences unclaimed property office. Each state has different rules about how long a company can hold funds due to a person or non real entity (company or trust, etc.) before they need to turn it over to the state. Furthmore there are rules about how frequently it must released once initially reported.  Often each state or major metropolitan city wil place an ad in the paper letting people know they are holing money for them.

First thing you should do is find out who was paying on the lease previously. If it happened that it were still in house all you would probably need to do is sign a ranged or (Suspense Funds Only) division order.

If funds have been we had turned the funds over to the State of Texas for instance we would still ask you to sign and return a division order just in case the lease were to come back into our hands.

You can do this yourself. You do not need a lawyer or PI to do it for you. If you do not know for sure what state your missing property may have been in be sure to check. (www.missingmoney.org)

Oil/Gas

Jason J. Alexander