Oil/Gas/Activity in Lincoln Co, OK Sec 6 TWP 14N

Question
I am inquiring about any new leasing or drilling activity in or near Section 6 Township 14N Range 6E of Lincoln Co, OK.  We have mineral rights in the NW qtr.  At one time there were shallow producing wells on the property, and there was later interest in upto 16 deeper wells, of which 2 were drilled, but shut down.
So we were wondering if there is any new activity in that area.

Thank you for any information you have about this area.

Answer
No new drilling activity or leasing in your section, though there are still several producing wells there, one in part of the SE/4 and one in part of the SW/4. Both are very small gas wells and unless you own within their spacing units of less than 80 acres you wouldn't be due any royalty from either of these.

There has been quite a bit of recent leasing in adjacent sections 1 and 12 however by a land company called RK Pinson and Associates. There are small older wells producing in those sections too, so the leasing activity is just for the parts of the sections that are not currently held by production.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott