Oil/Gas/lease

Question
i have been contacted by a landman wanting to lease our mineral rights. The property was sold in 1984 but our family retained the mineral rights. This is in Anderson county,Texas. He has offered $150.00/ 1/5 royalties. None of are family live in Texas so how do we find out what the average price per acre is going for. Also how do we know if this is on the up & up. Thanks Pat

Answer
The only way you know if this is legitimate is if the check for the bonus payment clears the bank.

As for the bonus amounts - $150 is the highest I've heard being paid in Anderson County with 16.67% royalty.  If you can get those numbers then I'd take them.

The check will probably clear.  Google the company name and see what comes up.  

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams