Oil/Gas/Mineral interest deals

Question
I have a current lease on my mineral interest and have had contact from a few different companies to purchase them.  They are in Carter County, Ok and they are Sections 01,03,10,11, & 12 (T:5s, R:2w).  I am positive about selling them and understand that I wont make a fortune--but don't want to give them away!  Most of the offers are between $650 to 1025 per acre.  This seems like a lowball offer (based on lease agreements) and am prepared to counter at least to double the offer.  What is your opinion?  I just got the leases in October (my father passed away in 2008) and have no experience with this business.  Thank You in advance for your time!

Answer
Best way to find out what they're "really" worth is to get them in front of more potential buyers. Listing them on my website, the MinerL Hub, is a great way to do that and as a client (free to list though) I will also help evaluate any offers that come in to make sure they aren't "lowballs" and are from legitimate buyers. I can't spend a lot of time on All Experts evaluating offers people recieve however, so please list them for sale on the Mineral Hub if you'd like me to look into values in this area more. Sorry, but I get tons of requests like this and so must limit my response time on this site.

That said, most unsolicited offers are somewhat "lowball" offers that leave room for improvement. I don't know about asking for "double" is realistic, but couldn't hurt. All they can say is "no" right? As for basing their value on multiples of previous lease offers you've received, you do need to be careful there because in some cases previous lease offers from several years ago do not reflect current values at all.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott