Oil/Gas/mineral owner

Question
oil company denied my share as a mineral owner, have since proven mineral ownership by cross conveyance. My question is, will the oil company have to pay for attorney fees? forgot to mention this is a producing gas well since 2010. If the oil company is forced to pay attorney fees, can you give me Oklahoma statute where I might find this? Thanks for the help.

Answer
They will not have to pay for attorney fees, since there was apparently a title issue that needed "curing" by means of the cross-conveyance. They should however, pay you at least 6% INTEREST on any funds they were keeping in suspense due to the title question. The statute covering this can be found in 52570.10 of the Oklahoma Statutes.

Hope this helps you out!
Fredrick M. Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott