Oil/Gas/mineral rights in Pontotoc County OK.

Question
My 84 year old mother-in-law has received a formal offer to obtain her a lease covering her mineral rights.  She is being offered $125 per acre for 6.8824 net mineral acres for a total of $860.30.  She is wondering if this is a fair price or is the going price higher or lower per acre than this offer.

The property is located in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma sections 10 of 4N-6E.

Thank you for your help,

Donald L. Hambrick

Answer
Crown Energy is the omly company I see that has filed leases recently in your section, though a company called American Energy is also leasing nearby, though could be just another version of Crown I don't know, but you might contact them to see if they'd offer more. Without a lot of competition it's likely that the $125/acre is about the going rate here. I would make sure and get at least a 3/16 royalty though, rather than 1/8. Not too much activity in this area currently unfortunately, so you can't expect leases to be going for much.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott