Oil/Gas/Mineral Rights Transfer to Daughter

Question
Mr. Scott:

Mineral interests are located in Seminole County in Oklahoma. My daughter and I live in Maryland. Do I need to hire legal counsel practicing in that county to process my request for transfer or can I work directly with the Clerk in the county court house?

Answer
You can simply have your local attorney in Maryland draft an Oklahoma-compliant mineral deed or "quit-claim" mineral deed transferring the interest from you to your daughter. You could actually do this without an attorney but I would recommend using one unless you're pretty familiar with drafting mineral deeds and getting them filed of record properly. Whoever drafts it, you need to be sure to mail the executed original to the Seminole County Clerk so they can file it of record (they'd return the original to you after filing.)

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott