You are here:

Oil/Gas/minerals on property


I want to know how to  find out if  their are  mineral  rights of  some property will to me by  my until located in Chaves County.  
I live in  Texas and the  property is in Lake Arthur New Mexico
Township 15 South range 25 East, of the  New Mexico  Principal  Meridian

Thomson P,

The only way to know if there are minerals associated with a property is to conduct or have a mineral title search conducted.  An explanation of this process is on my blog page on my website found below.

You can do this but you must be there in Chaves County or you will need to hire someone to go over and conduct that research for you.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Cliff Williams


I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.


I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Awards and Honors
Husband and father of 26 years

©2017 All rights reserved.