Oil/Gas/Where is my money!

I was sent a mineral lease by a company. I sign it, included my social and had a notary public execute the acknowledgement.  Sent it back. they don't call you back, I have called 20 times.  Found out it has been recorded by the duty clerk at the court house. No money. What to do!!

You have not provided any details about the name of the company with which you are trying to do business.  I cannot imagine any valid reason for a legitimate company to ignore your 20 phone calls.  

Unfortunately, you may have been the victim of a scam as old as the hills.  The Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act prohibits, "Offers to purchase a mineral or royalty interest through an offer that resembles an oil and gas lease and that the consumer believed was an oil and gas lease."  Often these mineral deeds offer no more than the bonus payment that a temporary lease would offer, but they deprive you of the mineral rights in perpetuity. Plus, now, the company will not even pay you that.

If the District Attorney in your county or the Oklahoma Attorney General's office will not assist you, or if you would just like to ask me to review the document, then feel free to call me at my office.

L. Mark Bonner      
Norman & Edem, PLLC
127 N.W. 10th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
405-272-1055 (fax)  

Mark Bonner

Interests include oil and gas leases, mineral deeds, royalty payments, interest on late royalty payments, post-production costs.

I have been an attorney for over 20 years.

Norman & Edem, PLLC 127 N.W. 10th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73103 405-272-0200 (Tel.)

Oklahoma Bar Journal; Oklahoma Association for Justice Advocate

Highest Honors, OU College of Law, 1992 Earl Sneed Award for Oil & Gas