Oil/Gas/NAKED OWNERSHIP OF PROPERTY

Question
MY DAD DIED IN2003 GOT NAKED OWNERSHIP OF HIS PROPERTY WIFE CAN LIVE THERE TILL SHE DIES RESPONCIBLE FOR MAIN BILLS ECT.  WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HER  WILL I HAVE TO FIGHT HER KIDS OVER THIS PROPERTY  THIS IS IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA?

Answer
Sheri,

If the documents say that you get ownership and those have been filed of record in the Parish Courthouse Clerk's office then you should be OK.  Of course, her kids can fight you all day long so make sure those documents are recorded and you have a copy.

Even if she has a will that says that everything she owns will go to her kids that is going to be irrelevant to this property since she only had the "right" to live on the property but she did not have any ownership in it.  You have the right and the responsibility to take a look at the property from time to time to make sure she is keeping it properly...and you should inspect it occasionally.

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams