Oil/Gas/natural gas units

I own property in northeast pa. my property is leased to let's say company a all my nieghbors are leased to company b which surrounds my land,Company b is planning on drilling close enough where my nieghbors properties are in that unit which would make my property fall in that unit,how would this work would company b have to pay me, or would they have to pay company a which would have to pay me, or i won't receive any royalties.This is a fracking area.thanks for any advice you might be able to give me.

Who pays you is a component of their company joint operating agreement between Co. A and Co. B.

You will be paid if they include you in the production unit.  Keep in contact with the company you leased to and make sure they are working to get you included in the unit - they get paid and you get paid.

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years