Oil/Gas/royalty payments

Question
I live about 1 mile from a successful oil well.  I own my mineral rights.  What is the distance from an oil well do I have be within to collect mineral royalties?  I am located in North Texas.
Thank you.

Answer
Some wells that are oil wells you will need to be within 467' from the well bore - that is the default spacing for a producing oil well.  A natural gas well will allow a larger unit for the production and that would be about 2600'.

The engineers believe that oil recovered from a well is closer to the well bore and natural gas migrates from a further distance out.  These are rough generalizations to answer your question though...

Thanks,

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams