Oil/Gas/2.5 net minerial

I have been offered $3750.00 based on $1500.00 Per net mineral acre based on an estimated 2.5 net mineral acres on Farm Tract 1650, Block 11, Denton Colony Subdivision Proposed Oil and Gas Lease situated in Dimmit County, Texas.  Is this dollar amount a reasonable asking price for this small amount of acres? I have not been able to find a lease with this small amount of acres.

I'm very sorry for the delay in answering.  The original expert that had this question bumped it to the question pile and I just noticed it.  The average prices that I've seen in Dimmit County, Texas range between about $500 per acre up to about $2,500 per acre for leases and a royalty of 20-25%.

Hope this information assists you in making a good decision.

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years