Oil/Gas/Carter County, OK Activity

Question
My family owns the surface and mineral rights to S5,T4S,R3E in carter county, Oklahoma.  We have been recieving a lot of offers lately to sell our rights, which we aren't interested in doing, but in the over 60 years we have owned them we have never had this kind of activity and where curious if somehting is going on in our area.  We do not know how to check this.  Thank you for any help.

Answer
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Local newspapers can also be a good source of information as to oil and gas activity.

I did a quick check with my sources and noticed that XTO Energy is active in your area currently, though didn't see any drilling permits for your Section 5 recently. That could change if some good wells are drilled within a couple of miles of here. Keep an eye on things.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott